Monday 23 April 2018

Two shopping trips to Pen Corner


All products purchased by me with no promise of review or anything to any parties involved 

I had two trips to The Pen Corner in the last two weeks, the first week I bought the Faber Castell pen, which came with a free package of cartridges, and I also got some of the Lamy Bright Pink ink, which isn't me, at all, in a big way, I'm very not a pink person.  I'm a maroon or deep pink person but not a bright pink person, I wanted to try the ink to see if there was a green undertone, I like colourchanging things.  I put it in my Lamy AL-Star that's a deep pink, I will use up the cartridge, I've already given the second awr ro a friend.  If my pink-fond workmate was a fountain pen user I'd give the last four cartridges to her, I'll find a home for them some day.  The Rhodia is for testing pens.I also picked up a couple of international standard converters.
I only really intended to buy some Caroube de Chypre but I discovered a problem with buying this ink... there's nothing on the package to say what it is, just these two logos on the bottle and a general shade of grey and brown on the packaging, and they were sealed with plastic wrapping.  The staff member didn't seem to be very sure himself, so I bought both, although it does turn out that I have the Stormy Grey already.  Ah well, I do like it.  Must add the latest amethyst to my wish list)  Behind it is the sample pages I use, they're a printed template laser printed onto relatively cheap watercolour paper.  They work quite well and I like them.  However where I bought them hasn't had the A5 for a while.


Now for some testing   The Lamy Al-Star with what's pretending to be a medium nib, it's quite a fine medium and the aforementioned Bright Pink Ink.  Also the Faber-Castel Loom (I think) with grey ink.  The quotes are from The Wisdom of the Pagan Philosophers because it was on a shelf near where I sit.I like this grey. I also like this pen but unfortunately it doesn't post comfortably for me and that's how caps go missing in my house.

The next thing I need to do is add it all to my Everyday Carry log that I found via Figboot on Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inky Links

Ink Swatches Visiting pilot pens https://blog.wonderpens.ca/visiting-pilot-pens-fountain-pen-factory-in-hiratsuka/