Wednesday 25 April 2018

Minor hack

So I have a few filofaxes and I like the notebooks mostly for the paper.  They come with a cardboard protector.  I have binned a few of these until recently when I was looking for a second pen holder for my flex.  I bought a Leuchturm 1917 Copper pen loop and put it onto the card and trimmed the paper just a little with a paper trimmer (Lidl's finest) and if you look at the photo left you can see a standard A5 cardboard page from a A5 notebook underneath et voila, a pen holder.  I could laminate it, I suppose but right now it's working.

Then I watched a YouTube video with Land of Jane N Rocco talking about pretty planners and I saw she had a hack for bigger pens, use a binder clip and space it to allow the pen clip go in.  The pen in the picture is too wide for the loop but the binder clip does a perfect job.  I'm not sure I'd leave it on the cardboard because I'm sure it would age it faster but it's a clever hack.  I'm sure it's known elsewhere but I've never seen it before.  Smart idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inky Links

Ink Swatches Visiting pilot pens https://blog.wonderpens.ca/visiting-pilot-pens-fountain-pen-factory-in-hiratsuka/