Saturday 31 March 2018

Erasable Pens

Everything here is purchased by me, I haven't been asked to review anything here and receive nothing from this except where links take you to Amazon where I am an affiliate.

This isn't about fountain pens.  You can get eraser fluid that works with some inks.  This is a series of pens that can be erased by friction, mostly using built-in erasers.  This is actually the reason I started this.


 This is most of the collection, mostly Frixion they have the best range from my experience, the greatest variety and once I run through some of these I plan to buy the metal bodied one.  Frixion also do refils














Left to right Uniball Signo; Papermate Replay; Papermate replay premium (empty); Muji Erasable; Pilot Frixion Clicker; Pilot Frixion; Pilot Frixion 0.5   














I also did a test with each pen, it's proprietary eraser, and a standard eraser.  Down the column I used each propriety eraser, as you can see, the papermate actually smeared it's way down.








These are the Four Basic from each company and the eraser I used.

The Papermate Replay's eraser is the least cross compatible and the ink is the same.  I often do lists (like my books on loan from libraries list that gets erased and rewritten occasionally, so I like being able to use whatever pen is to hand so I tend not to use the Papermate. The eraser is quite like a standard eraser.

If you look at the erase and rewrite list the Uniball Signo is the worst for rewriting, it seems to leave a greasy residue that resists rewriting by itself and is even worse with other brands.  However it has two erasers, one on the lid and one on the bottom, so you can erase while you have the pen posted. One of them is also nice and fine and you can be quite exact with erasing. The black isn't a bad colour but the green and blue are relatively faint and really don't work when you rewrite.

The Muji is a nice fine line but the eraser is just along the edge of the lid, handy for when it's posted but I found myself occasionally scratching the page.  But like you can see it is erasable with the others (this is why I have an empty Uniball Signo)

Frixion is my favourite, good choice of colours and weights and while the eraser isn't as good for fine erasing it's solid and well made and writes well, I am very glad I took the opportunity when Tesco were selling some of the refills very cheap.to buy several.  The Highlighters are great for knitting and cross-stitch patterns because when you have to rip you can erase what you've had to erase.

The Eraser is by Maped, I do like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Inky Links

Ink Swatches Visiting pilot pens https://blog.wonderpens.ca/visiting-pilot-pens-fountain-pen-factory-in-hiratsuka/